Learn to cook saffron rice in under an hour!
Authentic Saffron Rice
- Cover saffron rice with cold water and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Soak saffron threads in 2 tablespoons boiling water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and fry 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Stir in the rice, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the boiling broth and stir in the salt and saffron.
- Cover and cook until rice is cooked and all liquid is absorbed, about 40 minutes.
Check out our competitive saffron prices here.
Check out other saffron suppliers here.
More saffron recipes can be found here.